Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fitness Challenge

Although I have stayed true to working out over the years, I can't say that my eating habits have always been the best.  While I do adhere to a 80/20 lifestyle of healthy eating habits for the most part, I had gained about ten pounds over the last five years.  In March, I was approached by some wonderful ladies from work to participate in a fitness challenge.  After reading about the program being used (21 Day Fix), I knew this sounded exactly like the kind of thing I needed.  So I ordered the program from my wonder friend and coach Erika.  I was so excited to start this challenge that I even talked my husband into doing the challenge with me.  Don't worry, it wasn't the first time I have gotten him into this sort of thing with me.  Anyway, since he was going to do the challenge as well, we decided that we would order both 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme so that we would each have Shakeology to drink during the challenge.

I began using the 21 Day Fix workouts and eating plan on March 30th and stuck it out for the 21 days which ended on April 20th.  As a part of the 21 Day Fix, there are little containers that you can use to measure out portions of the recommended foods you can eat.  I must say, that this was the missing piece for me.  I think that holding myself accountable for what and how much I was eating had slacked up.  During the challenge I really restricted myself to only eating what was on the approved lists and didn't cheat.  I had a really great time with this challenge, and lost about five pounds and 8.5 inches.  While I didn't win this challenge, I did feel like a winner personally.  I was reminded of portion control and got a handle on nutrition for myself and my family.  In addition to toning up some, my husband lost some weight as well.  Our daughter also got into the fun of it and did some of the yoga and pilates workouts with me.

Week one of the Fitness Challenge.
"Remember it doesn't get easier, you get better."  Autumn Calabrese

No comments: